Friday, March 9, 2012

Gamer Girl

For a long time I've played video games, mostly to escape and mostly alone. With the rare exception of lotro or guild wars I stayed away from online.

Years ago I did play unreal tournament an online fps but lost the desire to play once things started to open up for me in 2003 and I began to explore my gender.

Gotham city impostors caught my eye on the silliness of the game .... And what the hell I have all the systems so I tried it. Assuming my nick lady jys I picked up the controller and proceeded to get schooled.

A week later and a string of pain filled nights later I am getting better .... Able to hold my own and not feel useless. Now a few days later I find that I've been getting friend requests because I'm a female gamer. It's not something I've had to deal with .... being perceived as needing to be protected when some players go looking for an easy kill or being randomly flirted with.

I don't handle male attention well, it makes me want to run and hide in real and I'm finding it in the virtual world as well. So the question becomes do I turn off the online game and just go back to hiding alone .... Or learn to confront it?

Yeah welcome to my silly life ....

Till next post
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment