Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sexual Identity

I awoke the other night from a very bad dream that had been triggered by a combination of being flirted with online and in real life at work. A few years ago I had an altercation with a customer who had taken an interest in me and had tried to flirt with me at the counter. I was polite with him and he left to go to the till, while he was there he was told by the bagger that I had use to be male.... embarrassed he stormed back from the line and yelling at the top of his lung what he was going to me. He got within 15 feet of the kiosk when Kelly who was with security put him to the ground stopping him.  That day everything changed for me and I let it change me.

Before this moment I had always worn make up and did my best on it always changing it up. I also lightly flirted with some people, Kelly had been one. He was married and I was engaged so there was no harm and I had looked at it as a good way to interact being female. After the incident Kelly had learned the truth of my past and couldn't or wouldn't look me in the eye. The guy had scared me badly and I figured I was as much to blame. Over the next few months I stopped wearing much if any make up at all and did my very best to look as plain as possible and just fade into the background again.

The dream has haunted me a number of times over the years with different results buy always with him not being stopped.... When I came back to Vancouver I tried to go back to wearing more make up and start fresh. I went out to Vegas I had decided to relax a little. I had Jazzy and Rachel there so I would be safe. The night we went out I did a killer job on my make up and later in the evening I did have encounter while they were on the dance floor. I felt his hand grab my ass first then his words about what he wanted to do with my ass. I stiffened and wanted to run but had to deal with it by claiming I would rather have the women on the dance floor making him back off.

Again when I came home I just went back to old habits and back to the same pattern. Fast forward to a few weeks ago I decided to get my nails done and went with a strong color on the tips instead of white. Went to work made up and some mall employee has now asked if I was single... Thankfully they said I had a fiancee and with being flirted with online caused me to go back into a panic.

You can say that all these things are not my fault and you know you would be wrong....  These are caused by others reactions to me and how I look and present myself. What I have done is allow others to change me and allow me to hide form something I do not understand and have not accepted.... my sexual identity.
I love wearing make up and have always been a natural flirt, its just me. I can't change my medical condition but it doesn't make me any less a woman. Hiding behind an excuse of not wanting to hurt someone or cause a similar incident is really only hurting me. I have to deal with my own sexual fears, and find that side of me.... or else I just rob me of myself and I refuse to allow that.

Till next post

Be Well all

No comments:

Post a Comment