Saturday, March 17, 2012

Holy Crap I'm 40

Can't believe it right now, but the calendar does not lie.... the question is now what and how will I react. Medb has always said that a woman hits her stride in her 40's or do I go the guy root and buy a sportscar lol. 
I think hitting my stride will be in the cards really it will all be in how I choose to look at it. Like the song  Every one is free to wear sunscreen says " Some of the most interesting 40 year old I know still don't "

I do know what I want to do .... it will just take a decade to get my doctorate :) . Ever since I started to figure out who I am I've noticed some small changes in the way I look at myself. When I see this goal I've started to say I'm smart enough to achieve this goal. I can do this and need to do this for myself and no one else.  I'm trying hard to break the self abuse and self destruction and empower myself knowing I can be successful in anything I choose to do. 

I'm a very strong person and have survived what many couldn't even fathom doing. I'm a survivor, a fighter and capable of anything I choose to accomplish. I am who I choose to be and really age doesn't mean much to me because I've only truly started to live and I have a promise to keep to medb when I hit 80. The coming year I've set out a few goals for myself to achieve ... 1) prepare for college and get ready for my studies 2) find a profession I love and do it while studying  3) learn a martial art 4) lose those last few pounds and not let my fear rule me on that. 5) most importantly enjoy those friends and family who love me for me .... and let go of the past its for the best.

Ty for those who read these and till next post 

Be Well 

No comments:

Post a Comment