Saturday, December 1, 2012

A New Transition

As I walked out of the University yesterday, I can feel the start of a new direction in my life. A transition from a worker to a student and from there something more. A change for the better, I'm sure, but a well over due transition of growth. University, even sitting her typing it feels surreal to be honest. All my life I've always said I was not good enough, not smart enough for this step. To be honest I wasn't, I was to busy fighting myself and making excuses to focus on the potential I'm capable of.

I know now that I can accomplish this and in ten years I will have my doctorate. I just don't know the type of woman I will be at the end of it. I won't be the same because one major aspect of school will be the experience of meeting new people and trying new things.  A student... something I haven't done since I left school at 14.....   How stupid I was, I let the bullies win back then and slept a year of my life away in a depression of my own making.

Now forty and four years since making a change in my life I'm going to get a chance to grow and just be me... remind me of a line from a song  .... I just wanted you to know I've changed my life from negative to positive.

As the month starts I'll be updating my blog on a more regular basis.

Till then


Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment