Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hugs

A long day today but one filled with an emotional joy thats hard to describe. I spent the morning getting ready for the doctor and after we went to see the kids. It was a short visit as we had to head home but I got to see my grand daughter Amaya :)

She is a cutie and just over a year old and growing fast. I haven't had a chance to get to know her as we were living in Calgary and with the surgery just haven't had the time to see her.
When we got there the kids were relaxing and Amaya started to stand grinning at Medb asking for hugs, she got picked up and cuddled. Then she turned and reached for me with this adorable smile. She got placed in my arms and cuddled right in, her head tucked on my shoulder and it felt right.

I melted as she smiled at me, bunted my head and gave me baby kisses. She is my grand daughter and will always be special to me. I've been weepy all day as I recall the feeling I had of her in my arms. It's an amazing feeling ... I already know I'll need to steal her in 6.years or so for a disney trip.

Ty Amaya for a memory.and emotion I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I read this on Llyn's first and I cried too. If you want company at Disney, let me know!

    ReplyDelete