Sunday, January 8, 2012

The girls are free

Well in one way they are for sure. For the first time since the surgery, I won't have them in a bra 24 hours a day. Tonights the first time my girls just get to be natural and hang loose. It's a weird feeling for sure, not like when they first came out of surgery.  In some ways I'm afraid they will fall off but that's silly. In other ways they feel natural and comfortable.

The past few months have been a roller coaster of emotions, fears and joy. They have brought out a strength in me few will ever know, because few ever face themselves, and challenge themselves to be better. I'll never say that surgery is for anyone, because it's not. It has to be best for you and your own mental needs. It has to help you live in your own body and let you be happy.

One day the way my body reacts will become second nature. I won't stop to feel what that twinge means or how my breasts feel loose. It will be just another day, and in doing so I'll know I'm out of puberty, just like any other girl.

Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment