Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Six Months .....

It's odd 6 months ago I was a week out of surgery having the stent removed. My aftercare was 4 times a day and I had no idea what was ahead.

Today I'm down to once a day in my aftercare, I just received my presidents club trophy and about to head home to my angel. I truly miss her when I'm away. To celebrate I revisited my.fear from Las Vegas .... A Victoria secrets outlet. I know to some this sounds like it's nothing. To myself I feel out of place .... The images, some of the girls shopping there hit me hard. I'm not use to it ... I didn't have the luxury of growing up playing with style, make up or hair .... I'm learning as I go.

With a deep breath I went in and stood my ground ... I repeated to myself ... I belong here no one can change that ..... and unlike Vegas I didn't run. I made my purchases and it felt good. The next 6 months a lot will change for,me all good.... July will be a change in a big way for me ... I'm going to do something I've never done before ..... You'll just have to see what I have planned :)

as for the bag .... It's a trophy of kicking fear in the teeth :) What was in it ? That's a secret between me and Victoria

Till next time

Be Well


1 comment:

  1. Kara, not 1 in 10 real women "belong" in Victoria's Secret. And by real, I don't mean "born that way", I mean non-fantasy, non-Hollywood, healthy woman.

    ReplyDelete