Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Playlist

Life is a beat to dance to and I forget that for a long time I couldn't feel much. I wouldn't allow myself to as I was locked in a fight with myself. A very unhealthy one that went on to long till I admited to myself I was a girl.... some of the hardest but most rewarding words I had ever spoken to myself. The funny thing was the next morning  while I walked to my car I could feel and hear the music in the air... the worlds beat.  The beat of life and when I turned on my car and plugged in my ipod I could feel the music and the lyrics of life and what they ment to me.... this is some of my playlist. 

I know this pain (I know this pain, I know this pain (echo))
Why do lock yourself up in these chains? (these chains, these chains (echo))
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you
Just open your heart and your mind, mmm
Is it really fair to feel this way inside?
You could sustain (you could sustain , you could sustain (echo))
Mmm or are you comfortable with the pain?
You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness (no baby)
You got yourself into your own mess (ooooooo)
Lettin' your worries pass you by (lettin' your worries pass you by)
Baby don't you think it's worth your time
To change your mind? ……. Wilson Philips

We all have something in life that we chain our selves to, maybe it’s a job, a bad romance and sometimes like in my case I chained myself to fear. And as these lyrics can have so many meaning for me it was all to true. I’ve chosen to live free… away from the traps of life and just to be myself. I know its tough but you can do anything you set your mind to.

Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire
Bad decisions
That's alright
Welcome to my silly life …. Pink

So true … I have made a number of different chocies in my life. Some good some bad but in the end of those trials by fire I have survived. I have been tested and forged and you know what its great. Nothing in life is easy, we all have to fight for it and taste the rewards of all our hard work.  You just have to ask yourself what do you want to fight for, and then just do it.

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are…. Bruno Mars

My Angel is my rock, my best friend and has taught me so much in my life. She is the best thing to ever happen to me. She has taught me to be true to myself even when its been hard to do so, she has taught me to love myself and see the world in a light I couldn’t have before and utmost she is teaching me how to be a lady.

I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good good night
Tonight’s the night night
Let’s live it up
I got my money
Let’s spend it up

Go out and smash it
like Oh My God
Jump off that sofa
Let’s get get OFF

I know that we’ll have a ball
if we get down
and go out
and just loose it all …. Black Eye Peas

This is just the perfect beat to get up and dance. We all forget in life sometimes to just cut loose and have that good night. To move to the beat and just sing and dance. To go out and live and say wow that was just to cool. Those nights where the stories will be told for years to come and memories to last a life time.

My best friend gave me the best advice
he said each day's a gift & not a given right
leave no stone unturned
leave your fears behind
& try to take the path less travelled by
that first step you take is the longest stride

if today was your last day
& tomorrow was too late
could you say goodbye to yesterday?
would you live each moment like your last?
leave old pictures in the past?
donate every dime you had?
if today was your last day … Nickleback

What would you do if today was your last day and you had no tomorrow. How often do you look at life and say tomorrow it will get done? You never know when it will be, try and live like tomorrow would be the last day, never go to bed angry and let those that you love know you love them. Don’t let opportunities pass and for goddess sake live each moment you have left cause its worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment