Sunday, July 29, 2012

Who Am I .... 1 Year Later

One year ago I sat down and started a blog called All About Me, and the first subject I tackled was Who Am I. I posted all my qualities good and bad and asked myself what kind of person I wanted to become. To be honest the jury is still out on that one. I’ve worked hard over this year to rid myself of some self-destructive traits. To become more positive about myself and the person I am becoming as I deal with repression issues. I’ve made a number of positive steps and I’ll say this blog has helped me by allowing me to be open about myself and my issues.

This year has brought a number of changes in a very short time. I’ve learned to stop being so competitive in the sales force and started helping others on the floor.  I faced my surgery with dignity and found strength during the recovery process. I met new people and made new friends and I’ve learned the difference of true friendships. I’ve grown up a lot and in some ways I’m still like a teenager at times. I’ve learned that I won’t allow others to have power over me, I’m my own woman and I have my own strength.

This year saw me travel a few times to Vegas, Minnesota and once to Toronto all with no interference. I’ve started the seeds to a few potential business ideas. I quit Glentel after a 5 year stint and went on summer vacation. I learned that I will not become an alcoholic as most of my family has become.  The biggest change came just this week as I enrolled in university for my next 10 year venture, a doctorate in psychology. 

I’ve become more confident and sure of myself and in small ways I’m embracing my sexuality and playing with sensuality in some ways. I didn’t run while in Vegas and was able to accept compliments on my appearance. I’ve still kept my protective and vindictive streak, something I will never lose. I know my artistic side is dying to come out as well as my curious side. I’m excited to be attending school again and doing my best to not get overwhelmed by it all. Just take it one small step at a time and like the past 4 years when I look back I’ll be amazed at the progress I’ve made.

What do I look forward to in the coming year? To see if I can make my business work and allow me some free money. To grow as a make-up artist and in my free time allowing my creativity to shine. I want to spend more time with family and friends and strengthen relationships.  To not be so stressed all the time and focused on things I can’t control.  Most important is to take time and educate myself and truly enjoy the university experience. 

Live life like you want to, live it to the fullest and enjoy every moment. Because if you don’t you will lose the most precious gift that you will ever have. Laugh as often as you can and share it with as many as you can and be good to those you meet on the road of life. 

I look forward to the next year and the next 100 posts, till next time ….

Be Well 
Jyslin

No comments:

Post a Comment