Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The First Step ....

Last week I made an appointment at the University of the Fraser Valley to see a student adviser. Today I took my first step in knowing what I need to do to get my BSA in Psychology.  I'll need to take a test to establish my English skills, provided I do well I can skip the upgrading program and register for classes January 2013. If I need to do the upgrade classes then I'll be going to classes in Sept ...... Wheee I'm gonna be a schoolgirl. LOL

For me this is a huge step and a scary one, I Quit school a long time ago and entered the work force, mostly to hide and not face the fact I didn't want to be a guy. Grade 8 was rough on me, along with the confusion of my feelings and the constant bullying I just couldn't go back. I ended up doing home schooling for a few years, then went to work and thought I knew better then everyone. The old adage to smart for my own good does really fit me well. 

Back in 2005 I did attend Blanche MacDonald for special effect artistry and did well over the year. I enjoyed the classroom and completed the courses with a B average. Then went back to work to make sure Medb had stability. Coming out in 2008 was the turning point in my life and now that I've come to terms with myself I know what I want in life. I want to go to school and learn, to call my own shots and help others come to terms with themselves and hopefully help before they hurt themselves to badly.

So now we wait till next week and then OMG regardless I'm going to be a schoolgirl. I'm going to be a university graduate  and I'll have to tell my mom she was right she said I would be 40 before this happened.

Till next time 

Be Well  

No comments:

Post a Comment