Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Letting Go

Sometimes you just have to let go of people when you don't want to but you need to because it's best for you. Tonight I have to let go of a friend that I've had for about 8 years now, but since the transition we have grown apart. Despite trying to reconnect with him since coming back to Vancouver I have to accept the fact that our friendship evolved into different directions.

I met him a number of years ago and when I started this road I had thought he would have been one of the ones to fully support it and be there as a true friend. I was wrong but as I've said before you never know what this path throws at you or what will become of it. He first said to me when I started that in the end I would be alone with only trans friends... well three years later I have to say he was wrong about that one. He also gave me some great advice... he told me Kara never ask any ones permission to be yourself its no ones business but yours.

He made a real effort to get to know me while I was in Vancouver before I left and we spoke during my time in Calgary and one day he stopped taking my calls, no matter what time I called he never answered. The past month I've tried to leave him several messages but he has't left word back. I don't blame him but I will miss him and perhaps one day things may be different.

However for now goodbye B .... I will truly miss you my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment