Monday, September 12, 2011

Saying Good-Bye

I sit here at the end of a very emotional day, and had you asked me this time what my blog would be it wouldn't have been this one....

Veronica was Medb's mom and when I met her for the first time it was at an airport just as Medb and I started dating. There plane was 8 hours late almost 1 am when they rolled in. Here I was with Medb's car so they could get home safe.  I made a good impression and over the years she took me into her family and treated me as one of her's. It was rare as she never did like her daughters husbands or boyfriends. She helpped us when I couldn't carry the load, she made it possible to take my make up course... she taught me a lot.

She then got sick almost 5 years and as her condition worsened and her memory faded I transitioned. and I never got to say good bye. When she passed last year I was well into my second year of being full time. As the family didn't know I told my Fiancee to go and I would be a cousin of Ian. I sat in the back during her funeral  to respect her and not overshadow her passing.

Its been over a year since that day, and this morning after a shower and preparing to see the surgeon. I had laid down for a few minutes and fell into a deep sleep. I don't remember much about the dream but I could clearly hear her voice, and she was fussing over me and I looked at her asking her why she was fussing. and her words hit me to the core... she said because I have another beautiful daughter and she is a lady. I woke up with tears streaming down my face. I feel that today I had a chance to let go and she said good bye by accepting me as who I truly am ... I miss her so much and I love her and will always look after her grandkids and great grand children.

and on another note the surgeon said yes

No comments:

Post a Comment