Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Test Drive

Well I've taken this path now for over 2 1/2 years now, and I'll say the test drive was a success. Some say the real life test is a boring and silly... hurry up and change me already I know what I want. I I I I I .... they forget that its not all about them, but for everyone else to wrap their brain around what's happened. It's a chance to live in the identified roll and experience what they deny themselves ... life.  I've loved and hated the last two years cause guess what growing up sucks and second puberty is a bitch. I've loved getting a chance to flesh out who I am... I've only come a short ways and a life time to grow but it's there.

The life experience is not about passing or failing but getting a chance to see if this is what you want and who you are. Some start this road and find out it's not them. There is nothing wrong with that. Some get into the real life test and are happy to stay there, not wishing the surgery but find comfort in just being accepted as a member of their identified gender. Others go all the way and have a crisis when they do the surgery and stop doing now what.

For myself the two years have been unreal, and I'm happy where I am . Medb pointed out that as Kara I've grown more in 3 years then I ever did as Ian... I can feel it. I'm happier then I ever was. I'm starting to figure out what I like and know in the coming year I'll be adding more to that year. As I heal from surgery I'll be cracking the books, learning a language, working out, swimming, starting airbrush, re doing my make up skills, and fulfilling an personal promise of getting a university education.

I'm Intelligent, I'm worth it  and I will be the best that I can be

No comments:

Post a Comment