Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why it's not all about me....

Me myself and I walk into a bar... please stop me if you've heard this one. 

I've seen so may posts and blogs about CD's and TG's that boil it all down to look at me I'm special, oh look what they did to me. They forget to look around them and see those around them. How do they feel about it, do they make others uncomfortable. How do there actions effect those around them. Do they stop to think if I acted differently or approached it differently would my outcome be different.

Most won't get that far, as they fixate to much on themselves and don't see how much they damage those around them. They get so soaked up in I can't do this, I lost this, I get picked on. For CD's its mostly a fashion show about how great do I look, do I pass and so on. For TG's they don't take the time to sometimes fully explain it to others so they can understand. For CD's its just a hobby and something fun to do or they are compelled to do it. 

Yes the title of my blog is All about me.... but more so on a deeper level about knowing the true person, the girl at the heart of this as I try to grow. The important ones in my life are those that choose to stand with me, those who chose to love me as me. Without them really who would I become, would I grow without being challenged. I've learned that those who take the time to grow with me end up being stronger themselves. 

You can't grow when it's all about you, it has to be about everyone. That's the key to being a better you, it about sharing yourself and enjoying what others really share with you. It's about listening to others no matter what, its about encouraging others to reach for there dreams, it's about watch them succeed and fail. It's about sharing laughter and yourself, because you will get it back.

When it stops being about just you .... it grows into some so much more... it grows into life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment