Friday, February 17, 2012

You're Worth Something

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag,
drifting through the wind
wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
like a house of cards,
one blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buried deep?
6 feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y  
Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe ---- Katy Perry Firework

Today was a mixture of emotions going from being unsure to  joy. I was raised  with the belief that if you worked hard you would be recognized and rewarded. All my life I've followed that and yet with my current company I've come to the realization I'm a pee-on. No matter how well I've preformed or tried to protect the company I'll never advance.  After that I found the course I took a few years ago has advanced well beyond me and staring 40 next month kinda shook me today.

What have I done .... is it over.... why did i waste my life ..... but like the fear I listened to all my life its just that fear. The truth is I never lit the fuse to ignite. I lost myself in work and took their shit for so long but thats in the past. What about today....

Today is here and it doesn't need to be about them any longer this time is about me. What can Kara do if she put her mind to something. How would I define success now because money is not a benchmark. Is it intelligence, respect or the feeling of knowing you made a difference in someone life so much that you give them the power to light up the sky.

I'm a sales person always have been but it's not a place for respect. You're only as good as your last month and only as long as you produce. I'm very good at sales and have been rewarded for my abilities. It no longer means anything to me, I don't feel anything just give me my paycheck. I want to be something more, something that people can say ty for changing my life, I want to help and stop people from putting themselves  thru the hell I put myself thru.

I'm great at psychological abuse, its an art I perfected for almost 30 years. I practiced on myself living a lie and damaging myself. Now I just have to reverse it and use it to heal me. Take my life lesson and learn from it and bring it others to stop them from doing it to themselves. That's the respect I want in life and I will ignite to shoot across the sky and see what happens.

Why because I'm worth something and that's the important part in life.

Be Well all

No comments:

Post a Comment