Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Next Step

Today I take my first step in the next stage of my life and I'm really excited. If all goes well next April I'll be starting college with an eye on getting a Doctorate of Psychology. It's an exciting path that I'm starting and a scary one all at the same time. For myself this is something I need to do and make a new path for myself.

My first step is the GED .... little known fact is that I dropped out of school and need it to advance :). My goal is to have it done by January so I can register for college in April. Then its time for a new path in life, a new start and I'm not afraid to say a better life. My path in retail sales is closing soon and for once in my life I'm going to make it mine and do what I want to do.

That's the difference right now.... going from the everyday grind to the grind of being a student. I would cite my age as being a handicap but I have a few women that I admire for doing the same thing I am doing. One is Jazzy watching her work and go to school supporting her family. More importantly I watched Medb go from the GED and graduate an advanced course on Massage therapy.

It's all about taking the steps to get there and not letting anything stop you. I will be Dr. Kara deWinter or Dr. Jys to the kids .... first step the GED

2 comments:

  1. *breaks out the cheerleader pom-poms and practices her jumping and yelling*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *applause*

    I envy you.

    ReplyDelete