Thursday, June 28, 2012

Changing

I remember far to many nights my mom coming home at 11 PM agree after working since 6 AM. At times I would help her into bed, get her some toast with peanut butter and watch her collapse. I was 8 at the time barely old enough to understand why Mike would stay home all day, and when he was home he slept a lot. It was the early 80's times were tough but my mom kept us a float, I watched her work 3 to 4 jobs at a time and when she left the acreage with me she kept up the pace. My mom always believed you work hard you would succeed. Do what you love the money will follow.

I started working at 10 helping my mom at the record store, stocking shelves and watching for shoplifters. I them went on delivering newspapers and selling subscriptions, and all the way since then I've worked hard and at times multiple jobs. I'm a work O holic and if I don't have a way if making cash and feeling self diffident, providing for the family I start to come unglued. A lifetime of letting a bad habit rule me, I've missed a great many things because of it.

With things having been taken care of, I have a chance to truly change. A chance to have a summer vacation. A chance to really make the effort to rid myself of a bad trait and make a positive change for the better. Will it work? I don't know that will have to be my choice, only time will tell.

Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment