Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where I want go .....

A few years ago asking me where I wanted to be was a hard one to respond to. I had no Idea, I was to busy fighting my own inner battle with my gender.  One of the questions Dr.Preece asked me was where do you see yourself in 5 years... All I could come up was on a beach relaxing and being myself. I still see that in my future ... I'm thinking Hawaii right now :)

The question now is what do I want to do because I'm not staying in retail sales for much longer. I'm going to be a psychologist with a specialization in Gender, Sexuality and Children. It's going to be a long haul but I know I will do it. Why would I want to do this ? Simple I want to help others dealing with questions regarding their gender or sexuality, and help children so they don't have to deal with a life time of repression issue's. I've had to and only now close to 40 am I figuring it out. I don't want others to go thru this and show these kids that yes just because you were born different. There is help and you can lead a successful and productive life.
Below is one of the best video's I have watched aimed for children and adults.



I have had a number of people say that kids don't know.... yes we do I can remember at a very early age knowing something was wrong. I just didn't have the strength or courage to do what some of these kids are doing now.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015778687_trankids31m.html

It's starting to become more common and we need to have educated people to help parents, teachers, friends and families come to terms and with these children and adults who are GID. It makes me angry to read comments like these on posts and blogs dealing with transgenders.

From SuperShrain


they put him on tv because he is famous for being sick and crazy
JAZZ (DAVID IS HIS REAL NAME) IS MENTALLY ILL; HIS PARENTS NEED TO CARE ENOUGH TO HELP
AND HE CANT SING. WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN HIS VOICE CHANGES?
                   *Jazz was featured on 20/20 as a tranasgendered child on my secret self*
From Elliotsherrow we have 
Good point, but i still disagree. If my brain functions in the way I feel I am a cat and I act like one, does not make me a cat. I will never be a cat. I am stuck a human no matter what I do. I think it's the same way. Even if he get's a sex change and is legally considered a female I still view him as a male, due to his genetic make up. That is just how he was born. And no matter how badly I wish I was born a cat, no matter what I do I will always be a human genetically at least

These are rather tame compared to some I've read but I feel the more we can make it seen as a medical condition and these children grow up as normal as possible. The better we will all be as a society. 


I want to be part of that, I want to be able to say to myself I made a difference and my life had meaning. I want to know I made a difference and look at myself in a mirror and say I'm proud of myself :)


and I will so lets start at the bottom and work my way up ..... Dr.deWinter   I like the sound of that   or Dr. Jys to others. Chuckles 






2 comments:

  1. Soon Kara, your chance to learn what you need to be able to do what you want is coming soon.
    And I can't wait to see what you make of it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed a tear reading and watching the video. It bought back memories that have been repressed for a very long time, I know Kara you will make a difference in this world for the better. I am so very proud to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete