Friday, June 8, 2012

God Loves Man Kills ....

While I was traveling out to visit Jaz and celebrate her graduation, I had a chance to re read an old X-Men traffic novel by Chris Flattening ... The story was the first dark story I had read in comics. It's tones and art were not what my 10 year old mind was accustom to.
The basis of the story was the extermination and murder of mutant by Rev Willem Stryker and his purifiers. The mutants were in his eyes an abomination to God, an evolution not something created. Using religion as a means to condone actions we as society call murder and genocide.
While the story is fiction I had to admire the writing and the raw story seen thru the eyes of an adult. The similarity in some teaching I've witnessed, read or seen towards any one gay, lesbian or transgendered lately from some evangelical leaders in the past few months.
I mean you know it's bad when Pat Robinson says hey guys tone it down you are scaring folks. Maybe one day it will be gone, we can always hope .... From the best scene in the book we see a cop shoot an armed Reverend Stryker in front of a televised congregation. He drops to the ground the fun dropping from his hand who he had been pointing at Kitty Prude moments earlier. As people are in shock of the Rev being killed ... They start calling for the mutants to be charged as well as the officer who shot him .... the other officers say no .... He killed him the shout. The police reply no he just saved a girl from being killed.
The more people I see speak out against the hatred some preach, the more I have hope and the more religious people question the hate and balk at it the more I know God loves.
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment