Friday, June 22, 2012

Stepping out of the comfort zone

For to long now I've stayed in a comfort zone. One I've known all my life, in the shadows, in the back ground and for many years living a life I thought society wanted of me.
The last few years I've still done that by wearing minimal make up, plain hairstyles and clothing that covers up everything. It makes me feel safe, and it's another box really. Just another way to stay in the shallow end of the pool.
The voice I've heard all my life screaming at me that this is wrong, started screaming awhile ago when I looked in the mirror. Not just about my.style, but about my health, weight,job and lack of direction. So I'm taking steps to listen to it, to try something new to change everything I can to be happy.
A few Weeks ago I decided to change my hair style and colour. Today my top piece came in and I picked it up.... The style very different and the colour was a big change. Once on I started to freakout because I took a huge step out of the comfort zone and I wanted to go back.....
But going back is unhealthy because it's the same as just hiding and not growing. I've watched Medb challenge herself lately by getting a grip of crowds and her strength amazes me.
The reaction I've had is positive so far so I have to say it looks good ... Now just to change more till I'm happy .
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment