Friday, June 1, 2012

Mom & Kid Day

The day comes from my childhood, those rare days when she would pull me out of school and we would just spend the day together. Most times it would involve me going with her while she worked but it was a time when we could just bond and lugh. My mom in her own way did everything to make me feel special, and she gave me the greatest gift a parent could give a child. She taught me to be independant and self suffiecent. This will be a topic another post.

Last Saturday we had our first Mom and Kid day in mnay years but also the very first as her daughter. I can tell you that it went very well even if I pushed myself overboard to make it just right. Picking her up and bringing her to the coast. We saw a movie, had a wonderful dinner and then a concert of her favorite country artist Charley Pride. Watching the years melt off of her and catching us singing his old hits together will last me a life time.

Not wanting to drive back up to Merritt we got a hotel room and just rested and once we got in and relaxed I watched her drift to sleep and realize how lucky I am to have her as my mother. She is one of a kind and Ièm hoping in the next few months we can do it again. Her health is not the greatest so I donèt know how long she will have, but Ièm going to try and make the most of the time we have.

Till next time

Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment