Sunday, October 21, 2012

My First Car

I can remember the day like yesterday, a nice warm spring day and I had just passed my drivers test. With license in hand and the keys to my car I was ready for freedom .... awww 17 and a ford pinto .... those were the days.  I wish I could say I was a care free teenager .... I would be lying, at 17 I was running a buisness, working a part time job and helping my mom look after foster children.

Today I got to see several amazing things. I got to see my eldest son get his first car, a 1997 Mustang the same year and model as my mustang was. We had gone out and he was set on a practical reliable automobile. Theres nothing wrong with that and I can respect that, but this is the boys first car and with that comes some powerful memories. This is his first taste of true freedom, his adult life is starting and as we test drove the car I got to see something rare. I watched as he punched the acceleration  the smile creep across his lips and a laugh. I watched him cut loose a little and as I turned up the radio he settled in and fell in love with his car.

I saw him trade practical for something he will enjoy for many years to come, the car he got will be great for him.... Good gas milage and a safe riding car. He has most of the toys and I think will let him grows in ways he has never considered. Soon it will be his brothers turn and he will have exactly what his brother got, its only fair after all. While my life never went the way I thought it would, or as I wished it would I'm blessed to have two very special sons and an awesome grand daughter. One day when I'll see my grand daughter in her first car and maybe  just maybe I'll see that smile across her lips.... only time will tell


Till next post be well

Jys

No comments:

Post a Comment