Monday, August 8, 2011

Family is what you make.....Not always what you were born into.


Stops and takes a look back at the road I've been on the last few years. Many things have changed for me, none more so then understanding the word   "FAMILY". With the exception of my mom who I love so much :) they all left or couldn't accept the changes I made to live a normal and healthy life. I learned that not everyone can transition with you because of their hang ups or personal problems. The truth about blood family is sometimes regardless of the situation you need to walk away for your sake, your health.

It's taken me a bit to move forward because I don't like giving up on people. I kept hoping they would change, but when it hit me that they can't change because they are not at a stage to grow then you have to move on or they choke your growth.  Is it easy... no, is it hard... hell yes, and most importantly is it worth it ... Yes

True Family is what you make and add to your life. They don't have to be blood but they love you as much as you love them regardless of their quirks and problems. If they make you laugh, cry and hurt because you care then that's what matters.  My life has gotten better with the people I've got to know as myself.  Finding those who care about me, and my well being. Finding those who put my needs on equal footing as there own... they are who matter.

I look at those around me today and see some very special friends, some very cherished people I call family and my MOM  ) and realize how lucky of a girl I am. They have taught me so much in the last few years, and will teach me in the years to come.

Picks up her backpack and starts to look down the road at the blank faces she has yet to meet, some will be good, some bad ... some special but most importantly some will become family and in the end family is all we have.

Takes her angel's hand and takes another step towards another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment