Saturday, August 6, 2011

Future thoughts

I just got back from a wedding of two very close friends Justin and Stephanie, Medb and I did a double date for their first date. It has been interesting to see how much they've changed in 5 years. I care about them both and wish them the best as they start a new life together.  I must like them because I got up and went feeling so sick. I just couldn't make the reception at all stomach and headache.

This has gotten me thinking about medb and our future...what will our wedding be like. For the longest time I have maintained no matter what I'll wear the tux because this is her special day. Something I want her to have, something I want her to remember and cherish because goddess she deserves it.  The other night she called me over as we started a rough Idea for it and she showed me some dresses.  The one she showed me I love she will look stunning in it so very elegant and one of a kind. Then she surprised me by trying to suggest my dress, as much as I try to protest it I know that it won't work. She has put her foot down on that subject.

The more I think about it the wedding is becoming about us, a we thing and I'm excited about it. I've never been married and honestly up to a few years ago it wouldn't have been fair to do it. That was then and frankly this is now. I still have a few things to go thru in the next year but I know I want this to happen. I want Medb to be my bride and wife, as I want to be hers.

She is my best friend, always has been and always will be regardless of anything. Our history has been tough with many hurdles but at the end of the day we are still standing together. Together we make a very tough team , our individual weaknesses bolstered by each others strength and love and in the end regardless of everything all you need is love :)

Guess we are just going to have to roll the dice and see what comes up

No comments:

Post a Comment