Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Different View

One of the things I learned about this path is that it's not all about you. You have many things to consider with family and friends. They have a choice of going with you down this path or not. They will have varied reactions, they will change to a certain extent. This is their right and does have to be accepted.

I wanted to share what it was like for me to witness the change. I didn't think much would happen when I transitioned after telling everyone. I was open and honest with all even when I should have been slower. That was my choice and I have to accept what happened in those circumstances. I watched the look of shock on everyone ... They all said you need to do what's best for you. I'm happy for you, why are you doing this ? It was generally good initially then time set in. People got a chance to think about it, and then I watched so many change... Some for good and they fully accepted me, others could not bring themselves to be seen with me. Some outright disliked what I did and disowned me for life. To watch people change so drastically leaves a mark with you, it opens your eyes to how quickly people can change. It was a shock to lose some very close friends who I looked up to, considered like a brother to me and watched how blood family can treat you like dirt.

I've made new friends and I know the relationships will change in time. I just hope they won't be as drastic from what I've experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment