Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old Self

I'm sorry I haven't posted the last few week. To be truthful I just wasn't up to it and a lot hash happened. Between incompetent doctors,insurance adjusters and work I've been stressed. The pain has been bad and until today rather constant.
Tonight thou was a nice surprise Medb has been sick and spent most of the night in bed. As we were just resting and surfing on our tabs I happened to see if they had a mame emulator. What is mame? It's an arcade emulator that I've had for years. Well they had a new one out for free ... I downloaded it but it only ran and old ROM set.
They made mention of a program call crlmame that could use the dat file the developer put in the app. I was lost on how to use it... How to do it. I did the best I could puttering around after downloading the file. An hour later I had it done and loaded on my tab. It was like old times and I felt normal for the hour ... No pain and no stress.
It gave me insight to my old self and something I wanted to keep. That sense of curiosity and teaching myself, the feeling of success when it's been accomplished. The thrill of.... I did it and tonight I captured that piece of myself again ....nothing left to say but give me a roll of quarters cause it game time.
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment