Friday, November 25, 2011

Friendship

Since I started down this path I've learned what true friendship is, and what aquaintences are. I was honest with everyone when I started, prehaps to much so in some cases. I don't regret that but it strained some. I was lucky in the way things went mosr were supportive. A few couldn't handle it well or refused to, fair enough.

Some friendships I walked on by my choice... Others just never took place for whatever reason. In Calgary I had very few friends but I cherished those closely. Peter was one of Kara's new friends, while I met him briefly as Ian we never really started talking till after I came out.  He never let me down and when I couldn't take being alone at home he made sure I got out. I loved our movie nights... Not so much for the movie but for the talks, jokes and silliness we did leading up to them.

When I got to Vancouver I didn't know what to expect from those who remained here as it's been three years. Some like Justin and Steph never changed ... Scott and Deneise as well very close still and I love their children.. This week I got to awnser alex's question ... "Yes it did hurt a lot." One old friend is gone and others are question marks in my mind. Do I need them in my life... Do they enrich my life and do I enrich theirs?

Tonight was a great night as I reconnected with an old co worker and friend. Medb and I met them for dinner and shared some laughs, old stories and for me a comforting feeling as I was treated like nothing had really happened and we will get to hang out more in the near future.

I look forward to the coming years as I get to meet new folks, let them see me as who I really am and blossom. I love being able to not lie to them anymore. 

Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment